Find out about the specialist programs our school offers.
We offer a strong program in the Arts, including music, dance, drama and media. The program helps develop students’ creativity, confidence, cultural knowledge and critical thinking.
Our program includes:
- lunch time art club working on student’s own projects
- school choir, with participation in the Festival Choir
- participation in the Primary School Music Festival
- instrumental music lessons with either the violin, trumpet or recorder
- regular assembly dance performances and an end-of-year performance.
Students can develop team play and team building skills through our specialist sports program. The program is run by a specialist teacher and volunteer parent coaches. Our program includes:
- SAPSASA events
- team sports (cricket, Aussie Rules, football, netball, volleyball, tennis and basketball)
- sports day and swimming carnival
- swimming and aquatics lessons.
We also offer lunchtime activities in the hall, which vary each week from basketball to dancing.
French is our language of study for all students. Each class has a 1-hour lesson per week, which helps student learn to speak the language and understand French culture.
Some of the things the French program includes is:
- learning about French art, dance and music
- celebrating French events, like Bastille Day
- putting on our own French show (Spectacle Français).
Learning a language:
- helps students gain a broader cultural perspective
- opens up career pathways
- promotes social cohesion and cross-cultural understanding.